The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.dose anyone use these? 2.how good are they? 3.and it says to use a lead pencil or pen to write on them can it be a graphite pencil since thats all they make any more4. dose someting react with the zinc in the pencil

·
Registered
339 Posts
outdoors andrew said:
1.dose anyone use these? 2.how good are they? 3.and it says to use a lead pencil or pen to write on them can it be a graphite pencil since thats all they make any more4. dose someting react with the zinc in the pencil
When it says to "write" on them, what it means is that you push hard enough to emboss it into the tag. So you should probably use a pen. But yea, like they said, those tags are junk. After a catch or 2 they get ripped off.

·
Super Moderator
12,811 Posts
they are thin and easiy destroyed...and they are a bugger to write on...especially if you gotta write your name and address on them....

i ordered from the website above and had my tags in a quick time frame...they are awesome..

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
Bob Jamison said:
Order from Finch tonight, you'll have them by Wednesday if not sooner. Much, much better than the write-on tags.
I agree......I usually get them in 2 or 3 days.....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The zink tags are only a tem. fix until you can get some good ones made up.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Tried a few in a pinch this year. Lasted 1 maybe 2 catches and they were destroyed. Do not get them. copper or bronze stamped what I would suggest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts