The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you’re at the range and sighting in you gun is cleaning needed after every shot or every other? And what do you use to clean out on the range?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I dont clean between shots and that is prob why i get some poor grouping. Plus, it gets pretty dang hard to put the following rounds down the barrel after a few. Next time out I plan on using a clean cloth to swab out the remaining residue to assit better grouping and easier loads. I know this really doesnt answer your question, so I will await someone with good shooting range experience as well. Glad you asked!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I carry a liitle plastic bottle of alcohol and run a wet patch followed by a couple of dry ones between shots if the gun gets hard to load - usually every other shot.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
With traditional muzzleloaders (flinters using real black powder, many shooters (me included)wipe after every shot at the range. In the woods, I just reload without wiping.

·
Banned
900 Posts
I swab wet with TC13, then dry patch and then lube patch with Wonderlube. I do this between every shot whether at the range or in the field. My theory is consistency. The firts shot was from a clean barrel so I try to have every shot after from a clean barrel

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I run an alcohol soaked path thru every 3 shots at the range.
Dave

·
Registered
575 Posts
When at the range I want to know where that bullet hits with a clean barrel so I swab before I shoot the first shot and after each shot thereafter. I even do this in the field if time permits. I use an alcohol patch and two dry ones each time.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
1 wet(damp) followed by 2 dry every 3rd shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts