The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....young son has just been itching to get started. I finally said OK and he baited a DP with a marshmellow and some cherry flavoring. He put it on a rebar stake and tucked it in on a high bank next to a cow pasture. Took him today before school so he could check it. I stayed in the vehicle. Minutes later he came back and announced that the trap was "gone". Sure enough it was gone when I went back down with him. After a little scouting and following what little sign there was....the trap and COON were located......both wrapped around the second to bottom strand of an electric fence. Soft ground didn't hold the stake but that fence sure as you know what held the coon......me getting that thing free was an "enlightening" experience. Son is still laughing.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well that is AWESOME!!! I mean on your sons first coon of the season. I bet all his friends at school will be laughing when he tells that story. Good luck to you and the little guy the rest of the season.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....and good luck to you as well. I'm laughing now but I wasn't at 0600 this morning. It's all good and all part of the fun. Every morning on the trap line is like Christmas.

I wish everyone on here a safe and enjoyable season.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
nice going on the coon!!!

I had a 150 pig get hung up in an electic fence. he was never right after that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
May I suggest a 24" Rebar , Tee Bar stake to use with the DPs. I have had good luck with this rig and it is easy to use and has the Coon where you want him. I"HATE" electric fences!!! Good Luck on the trapline.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts