The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one break? Was shooting yesterday, felt something hit my foot , bottom supressor broke in half !!! Headed to get replacements later today.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
post pics please. Did it break at the bend? If so, you must have the 2009 model when they first came out. They have since fixed that problem before December of 2009.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took a picture ... I could email you one if you like.. I never set up a photobucket account... Send me a pm if you'd like. Btw.. I bought it in mid January

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
DAM YOU FISHKRANE! YOU JINXED ME! First shot of the day today, I heard a loud rattle on the release. Looked over my bow and this is what I see:

I now have one on order. I have to say it again, DAM YOU FISHKRANE!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Seen a few Z7 pictures like that on Archery Talk. Doesn't surprise me with a Mathews product. Hope they take care of the problem with a timely manner.

Can get a really out of whack bow where the string actually jumps pass the rubber suppressors on each shot and ends up caught on the front side of them.

Is it cheap metal that is being used for these suppressor arms or is there just too much force coming from that string hitting suppressor rubbers and transfering the energy into the arms?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I was told they are made too thin. The new ones I am getting are much thicker where it cracked so it won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Mathews is the best of the best! They will have it fixed in no time, if they haven't already!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats exactly where mine broke , but it sheared completly off. I went to the bowshop, got them both replaced , they said these ones were thicker .. Looks the same to me though.. That's unreal that after I posted this... Spurs broke.. What was the chance of that??

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
You jinxed me fishkrane. It sounds like the earliest I will be getting mine fixed is either Friday night or Saturday.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called where I bought it and he had extras there. Were you planning on hunting sat in 5c? If so I hope you get them in time, that's what I was worried about with mine breaking . I have a backup bow , but really wanna use the z7

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Depends. I have a hunt planned with woody for Friday or Saturday for geese. I am going to take the suppressors out and leave the arms on and shoot the rest of the week like that. I am going to take my bow out for geese there, and come back and switch the arms afterward.

I am hoping to make it out on Saturday to get a doe, but no guarantees.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
spur said:
post pics please. Did it break at the bend? If so, you must have the 2009 model when they first came out. They have since fixed that problem before December of 2009.
fish, was yours an earlier model?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It must of been... I bought it this past January , I didn't even know it was out yet.. Originally went to buy a reezen, left with the z7.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I sent this thread to my son..he bought a Z7 during the winter. He was aware of this problem and said he got the later model.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I got mine in January but it is the earlier model as you can see.

Fish, I took my suppressors out but left the arms in. The bow is extremely loud now but I gained close to 10 fps because I was shooting 4" high at 30 yards.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'm not sure why Mathews doesn't allow the dealers to keep around 5 sets available just in case their customer's Z7 breaks. It is very close to season and if it breaks close to or during the rut, there are going to be a lot of very upset customers.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They should carry spares.. I must of gotten lucky that he had a spare set. I kept my alphamax32, not only because I like it, but I feel I need to have a spare bow handy, you never know when something breaks, I'd hate to sit at home over a broken bow .

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow , never would of thought you would get such an increase of speed from that .. I do like how quiet the bow is, one of the reasons I bought it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts