The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deer roast and leeks! Yummy! Im drooling just thinking about it. Last year was the first year we starting picking wild edibles and what an experience. My family also got involved and discovered that mother nature provides alot of wonderful options you can't just go to the store and purchase. Whats your favorite edible?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
deer jerky

morels and assoorted fungi-especially the gray capped bolete that I found last year...best mushroom I have ever had

wild blueberries

leek dip--someone on here had a bangin recipe

water cress

elderberries can be good

thats whats coming to mind at the moment

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
79inpa said:
deer jerky

morels and assoorted fungi-especially the gray capped bolete that I found last year...best mushroom I have ever had

wild blueberries

leek dip--someone on here had a bangin recipe

water cress

elderberries can be good

thats whats coming to mind at the moment
What he said!! Definitely agree with the leek dip recipe. There were also recipes for leek soup and an egg and leek casserole. MMMMMMM!!

I'll add that I LOVE morels!!!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I still have yet to find any leeks. found morels but no leeks. all of the morels I found were black ones though.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I found some leeks last year. I wasn't a huge fan of them for some reason. My personal favorites are fox grapes and blackberries.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Ben,
Google Westline Inn and get the date for the Leek Festival. You will be situated in leek heaven. Oh, bring your trout gear Kinzua Creek is the best!

Kinzua Man

·
Registered
36,758 Posts
Wild leeks and ramps are the same. In West Viriginia most people would call them ramps, here we call them leeks. Depends where you live.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts