The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best shotgun for my 9 year old daughter? She will be 10 by Spring Turkey. Also does anyone have one they are willing to sell no that their child has outgrown it? Im located in Washington/Allegheny County Area.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
youth 870 20 ga worked well for my kids...let her practice with low brass shells....then when you go hunting slip 3inch in to hunt with..she wont notice when she shoots at a gobbler..don't even tell her about high the powerd shells

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Mossberg 510 Mini Turkey Thug. My 8yr old loves hers.Ended up mounting a Burris FFIII on top of it for her.

·
Registered
21,317 Posts
I bought my son the same gun when he turned seven.It's a nice gun and patterned well.However,3" turkey loads kick like a mule out of that light of a gun.I sold the gun last year and picked up a tristar semi.It weighs about the same but recoil with the heavy loads is noticeably less.Not a big difference in price either.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bought a mossberg 510 mini 20ga. for my 10yr. old since he's small framed. The 505 youth model stock was still too big for him. Only reason I went with a pump instead of a semi was so he could use it during deer season also. If it's only going to be used for small game & turkey I'd look into one of the youth model semis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts