The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fortunate enough to get to take two of my students out for youth day. After getting discouraged by knocking a long beard off of roost just 75 yards away from where we were setting up, we made it to the hidden field where we were gonna give it a go. At first light we had about 4 firing off around us, but none real close. I reached out and touched one of the birds gobbling with a beautiful full choke short box that Kip Feroce made for me, and immediately drew a gobble. After about 10 minutes they cut the distance in half and in another 5 min they gobbled right behind us. A longbeard strutted directly into the decoys with two jakes in tow. After putting on a show beating up the jake decoy, I gave the boys the green light and they both made great shots and laid em down! It was easily More exciting than any bird I have ever killed. The looks on both of their faces were something I won't soon forget. I was just thankful to get to be a part of such an awesome morning![img:center]

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
wow sounds like a great hunt!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My kids are 10 and 7. In a few years I hope to have a picture just like that. Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Premium Member
24,075 Posts
Congrats

1 - 11 of 11 Posts