The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on the Barnett Recruit? Looking to get a crossbow for my sons who are 10.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I have both models of Recruit. Recurve and compound. They both shoot great and take deer to 35 yards. (Never had a chance at one further, but wouldn't have tried at their speeds.)
A little wide for their length, fair balance, but no issues other than the recurve model being a little tricky to adjust/assemble and get the serving centered.
The triggers are decent, included optic is cheap but serviceable.
Decent starter setup at the price point. Not overly fast so it won't beat up targets or bury the bolts too deep for a youngster to remove. Makes for easy, frequent practice in the yard.
My 8 year old daughter can't cock either of them yet, but loves shooting them in the back yard and can retrieve the bolts from the target herself.

If they're on the bigger side, and you have a little more room in the budget, I might suggest a Centerpoint with an adjustable stock to grow with them...

·
Registered
Bow,muzzleloader,gun
3 Posts
Wicked ridge ranger x2. It’s a youth crossbow Made in USA good bow. Much better made then Barnett. On sale now at sportsman’s with everything u need for 379$. Here’s link

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Look at killer instinct. Not a youth bow per say but has an adjustable butt stock. Just bought one for my son and it shoots good. Out the door with a new target ready to shoot under $400

1 - 5 of 5 Posts