The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a compound for an 11 yr old. Friend's son has a Mission Craze and the father speaks highly of it. Anyone have experience (pos/neg) with this bow or recommendations of something else I should look at based on your experiences.

·
Registered
33 Posts
One of my kids shoots a craze and the other has a menace. I have nothing but good things to say about the Mission bows. They shot the Infinite Edge but did not like it as well. Go to a shop and let him or her shoot them all and take it from there. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Look up a ( Google ) Quest by G-5 Radical, it has an incredible draw weight adjustment, from 15 to 70 lbs, she can get used to it now and grow into it as she gets older. You won`t have to buy her another bow for quite a while. They come in realtree camo and purple for the ladies.
..Some of the archers at our club have them and they are quite accurate and light weight

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
When buyin my son his first bow a couple years ago we shot several and the Infinite Edge won hands down for him.They didn,t have any Mission Bows though.I remember the Bear Apprentice was one of em.

·
6,448 Posts
cant go wrong with the craze IMHO i got my son one and he loves it

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have a pink Mathews Genesis with whisker biscuit, release, a few arrows, and single pin sight I'm looking to sell. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Came down to the Bear Cruzer or the Infinite Edge Pro.

Shop included a soft case and a half dozen carbon arrows with the Edge, but the Cruzer had a better rest and sights. Difficult decision as both bows have some nice features, but the Edge ended up going out the door. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions -- the bow really shoots well and the boy was very happy.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just bought my 9yo daughter the Bear Brave, but it doesn't look like she'll use it long. For the price, couldn't beat it and now get to see if she gets into archery with me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just got my step son a PSE Mini Burner XT. It is ver adjustable and seems to be a great bow so far. Goes all the way to 40lb and 28" draw. They also have 50lb, 29lb, and 20lb limbs. Right now hes set around a 20" draw and 21lb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts