The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since gas drilling is here to stay I wanted to see what everyones experience has been with your local drilling/gas company. I know I have my opinion on some of them both good and bad. What has been your experience and who do you think are the good guys or bad. Here is an article attached about one of the companies I think are on the top of my good list. I like the way they operate...

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/range-resources-on-gas-drilling-tax-us-1.1199263#axzz1YhPrlb8u

·
Registered
24,753 Posts
I'm OK with Talisman, I belieive they try to do a good job with the residents of the area in mind... I hear from the drivers delievering to them and providing services to the pads that they are very strict and don't want any complaints coming in from the locals... All my dealings they have been very cordial always ask if I have any problems or concerns... Some even want to hunt with me this season...they like beagles!!
What more could I ask for?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm also happy with Talisman, the only face to face meetings I had was at a community get together. I do get fast responses to emails I've sent to the main contact on their webpage.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WR200 said:
I'm also happy with Talisman, the only face to face meetings I had was at a community get together. I do get fast responses to emails I've sent to the main contact on their webpage.

Find their local office. That would be the best way to contact any of the companies. Most have offices in the state or some sort of satilite contact information....I'll dig and see what I find......being in sales I have learned over many years that a face to face meeting always delivers more results and better ones too.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WR200 said:

Talisman Energy USA Inc.
337 Daniel Zenker Drive
Horseheads, NY 14845
Phone: (607) 562-4000
Fax: (607) 562-4001
[email protected]
http://www.talismanusa.com

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
In Athens Boro, where several homes were flooded, CHK sent in there crew from Great Plains to supply manual labor to anyone they could help. Great Plains is owned by CHK. They help carry flood debris out,pump basements, caryy the undamaged stuff out etc..etc..

During cleanup they supplied manual labor, loaders , skid steers and dump trucks to haul away all the flood trash, and there was a lot!

They supplied trucks to wash the mud off the streets so you could walk without slipping in mud.

they supplied cleaning supplies as well as water.

They did all of that and much more without being asked for help. They are still looking at ways to help.

Now I do realize that not everything they do is good, but when company's (talisman,chk,cheif,etc etc) step up and supply this much help for local comunitys, in a time when that type of help is badly needed, it's truely a good deed on there part.

I know from speaking to people who recieved that help that it was greatly appreciated.

I did not notice Dupont, Osram Sylvania, Mills Pride,CVS, Craftmaster or other large local corps doing nearly as much as the gas companys.

People may not be glad the business is in town, but they were certainly glad for the help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My personal experience has been with Shell/Swepi. All of it has been a good experience. Every question asked has gotten a swift response. Water tested a number of times,so far so good. Well pad on the property, everything explained before any thing done. All terms of the lease honored. IMO they have been a good corporate partner, there are a LOT of people working around here because of them, a lot of locals. I think it is good business sense to do things the right way. In my experience they are. And they are a BIG company, but so far, have displayed, at least in my experience , a "smaller company" sort of touch.

·
Registered
25,487 Posts
Don't recall where I read it (which paper's web site), but there was some place in northern PA affected by road washouts, where the dumps under contract to drillers, hauled in gravel to make the road passable.

IIRC, the drilling outfits paid the truckers, paid for the gravel and sent some rubber-tired loaders up to level the gravel?

Only outfit I've been able to observe firsthand, is Novus.

They've drilled two wells within a mile of my camp and so far, have been excellent "neighbors". Twp. gravel roads that were graded by their subs, even ones not yet bonded.

When they transported frack fluid from one well to the other, kept all the gravel roads brined to keep the dust down.

And they also made sure the trucks drove at reasonable speeds.

When they needed fill to restore the retention pond down the road at that pad, they dug a nearby farmer another large pond to get the fill. Installed drainage, gates and a nifty crushed limestone driveway up to the pond and back out again, while hauling fill.

Farmer now parks several kicker wagons on that limestone driveway.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Buzz.... Out of all the companies you listed the ones that had the most to gain by helping flooded communitites was / is the gas companies. Not only because of PR, because we both know around this area their rep isn't all that great, but the faster the infrastructure was up and running smoothly so werent they. Just another view....

The water get in your shop? Your lot looked bad and Hovans was the worst I can recall.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Renny - Come on. They went into town to help out the residents. Isn't it enough to just give them credit for that. In town residents have very little to do with nat gas development. They didn't have to help. But yes, it is good commmunity relationship management to do so.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
This view was pointed out to me by more than one town resident. It was actually brought to me as a question rather than a statement but it made me think about it. I didn't say it was my view..... but it has some merit.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
What makes you think town residents have very little to do with development? Most of their lives are affected by it daily.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Let me put this another way. There is very bad feelings between Athens Township and chesapeak. CHK went as far as to pull all awaiting leases in the township that hadn't been signed. Most were for 4,000 an acre. They want some things here and have been shot down by the Township.

Again, this was brought to me as I don't really have a dog in the fight and am glad they are helping.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
i would agree that it went a long way with PR, and yes, the gas comps need good PR more than the other comp's, but it was still a good deed.
need to keep in mind that it was Athens Boro they helped the most, not Athens TWP. this did not get them up and running any quicker. CHK does not run any trucks through the boro, we have specific instructions that we are not allowed there. if i need to send trucks to the water fill site just across the bridge, we need to go around to Windham and come in and out Cotten Hollow road. That can add 40 miles per trip. multiply that by all the trucks and CHK spends a lot of money just to keep the boro residents happy. legaly, the trucks can go through the boro, CHK sends us around the long way to keep the natives happy.

got about 10" through my shop and office, flash flooding, not the river. big muddy mess ! happened about 1:30am. had 4 trucks that i waded through crotch deep water to get out of parking lot. had some water in hub's and rears, but just a matter of taking apart and changing oil.
a long week, a few days without sleep etc..etc

i was very lucky compared to those that lost homes!!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
very good experiences with south western gas co. good lease good money all promises have been met or exceeded . lots of people making money fixin up their homes and lots of new trucks and toys owned by landowners including me drill baby drill also better deer hunting for me better shooting lanes acess all is well

1 - 20 of 24 Posts