The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Your setup for 2010

23K views 67 replies 63 participants last post by  mr. whitetail 
#1 ·
So what is everyone taking to the woods this fall?

I'm still tweaking and fine-tuning so I don't have an answer yet.....

Sept. 15 will be here before you know it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Changing my whole set up this year actually. Going with Viper H1000C sight, Octane Tripwire, 340 FMJ Eastons, and 100gr slick trick mags. I had a co-worker sway me over on the slick tricks. looking forward to trying them. They look very similair to a thunderhead. Ok Thats going to be my new set up on my Mathews Switchback XT

#7 ·
Martin Firecat TR2
Gold Tip Ultralight 400 Shafts - fusion vanes
85 grain sonic broadheads
Ripcord Code Red - Drop away
truglo range rover single pin slider
limbsaver module stab

#9 ·
Probably my 11 year old jennings X-Master with a 3 pin sight, Golden Key prong rest, 3 inch overdraw, Beman 340's and 75 grain Wasp Jak-Hammers.

Or, Iff'n I can shoot it good enough, My 30 something year old Bear Kodiak Magnum recurve with wood arrows, no sights or rest and big ole' 2 blade broadheads.

#13 ·
I will be shooting my hoyt vtec 36" 29in draw at 62 lbs, 75 anniversairy editon. with team extream site, whisker biscuit rest. shooting easton axis arrow tiped with either g5 monotecs or 2 blade rages.

#20 ·
Mathews Switchback XT 29" 65 pound pull
Dead End String Stop
Axion Stabilizer
Harmonic Stabilizer
Mathews 2 piece quiver
HHA Sports Optimizer 5019 single pin sight
Whisker Biskit
Easton A/C/C's 3-49-390
Rocky Mountain Snypers 100 Grain with 1 3/8" cut.

Just redid it this spring. Added the Deadend string stop, the harmonic stabilizer, got new string/cable and had my quiver dipped. I also modified my grip to make it smaller and thinner. Also had a tubeless peep installed as well as a string loop. Gonna take something increadible to get this bow outta my hands!!

Before I had it dipped it was all black.

Took the harmonic stabilizer out of the axion stabilizer and put it into my bow. Just swapped out the harmonic damper for the harmonic stabilizer..and yeah huge differnce in post shot vibration. When I tap the bow with my palm there is NO VIBRATION anywhere! The bow with/without the harmonic stabiler in the riser is night and day..it really is!

And lastly..a close-up of the grip I modified.

Smoothed out the side bumps and made the back of the grip square and flat.

Here is a pic of what the stock Mathews grip looks like for comparison of what I did. Love the skinny grip so much!

Oh, and I just got these last week to help light up the late evening/early morning sky!

Have a great and safe season Fellas!!!

#21 ·

Hoyt Maxxis 35
Black Gold Solaris 5 pin,0.19
Whisker Biscuit
NAP Torques Stabilizer, changing to Doinker
CX Maxima Hunter 450s, changing to Easton
Broadhead-Rage or T3s or Slick Tricks

I plan to have what I'm going to hunt on the bow and shooting by the end of July. I just got to stay out of the bowshops.

#22 ·
This will be the last year for my PSE Thunderbolt. It served me well since the 2002 season accounting for 5 bucks, one of which made Pope and Young. For it's "Season Finale" I upgraded it with a QAD UltraRest HD and Easton ST Epic arrows. Next Spring the rest will be taken off and put on a Bowtech Destroyer.

#25 ·
Hoyt katera 6" brace height 65lbs at 29" draw, fuse 3 pin .019 fiber optic sight as well as a fuse quiver and stabilizer, string splitter peep, trophy taker drop away, gold tip XT hunters 5575, and not sure about the broad head yet. Either gonna try slick tricks or use the rage 2's that i bought last year.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.