The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
i do like the look and feel of irish setters but as of now rocky has never once let me down. i have heard some complaints on here but they have all lasted me longer than i have hoped.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Switching back and forth between Danner Frontiers and older Timberlands, and for cold weather, Cabela's Infernos and old Sorels; Ya gotta keep'em fresh on the inside as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Scent Blocker Brotherhood Knee Boot - Archery
Muck Boots Woody Max - Field Hunting Waterfowl
OLD Rocky Bear Claw 2 1000g - Deer/Cold Days
Cabela's 1600g Waders - Waterfowl

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Danner for leather & Muck for rubber. Danner still makes their high ends in the USA but they cost more. Well worth it IMO!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Red Head 600 gram thinsulate /goretex. Had a pair of very expensive Rocky 1000 gram thinsulate goretex boots. They leaked and the soles turned to gum and litterally fell off.
The 600 gram Red Heads are as warm or warmer than the Rockies and dry.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Danner pronghorn uninsulated down to about 30 deg or so, below that Lacrosse Alpha 1000 gram thinsulate, I've had the Lacrosse about 2 mos and worn them maybe a dozen times, so far no complaints, the Danners I've had for a few years and they have held up well.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lacrosse alphaburly sport(non-insulated) archery, turkey and sometimes rifle. L.L. bean leather boot 800 grams for really cold days

·
Registered
592 Posts
I always alternate between my 900g LaCrosse and the 800g Irish Setters. My LaCrosses are a little more comfortable to me, but they're startin' to get old and worn out.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts