The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats yours and why?

Mine is whats below...and Ive heard it a couple ways but "its the indian not the arrow". If people spent as much time scouting, practicing, and learning the trade, as they do looking through a cabelas catalogue they would ultimately be a more efficient hunter. I dont buy new camo unless the stuff I have is tore to shreds...a new bow unless mine no longer shoots straight. Ive seen a lot of pretty hunters who cant hunt and a lot of $1000 bows that the shooter cant shoot.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
" Deer camp may smoke forever curl from it's chimney" Tom Fegley outdoor writer and personal friend

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone." Henry David Thoreau

But I also like this one:
"Every dog should have a man of his own. There is nothing like a well-behaved person around the house to spread the dog's blanket for him, or bring him his supper when he comes home man-tired at night."
Corey Ford

Ah, what the heck. What would a discussion of favorite quotes be without:

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra

·
4,320 Posts
This ranks pretty high for me:

“All the wild animals, large and small, and the birds and fish will be afraid of you…I have given them to you as food, just as I have given you grain and vegetables.” -God

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
have to say one of the ones I see on here all the time Roosters

"the best family portraits are taken in the woods"

that's tough to beat
Thanks man! Just came to me when looking thru my photobucket photos.

My personal favorite is my other sig quote...spoken first to me by my father, trying to keep his then 14 year old deerless son's head in the game after missing a nice buck on the first Wed....."It only takes a second"...an hour later I redeemed myself on a fat spike that made it stick.

Dad's know best.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts