The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading forums it seems the over 50 crowd prefers revolvers. I am well over 50 and do own revolvers but own many more Semi- autos than revolvers. Without giving your age or number of handguns, just plus or minus 50 what is your preference. Personally I could not say I have a preference I enjoy shooting both equally.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Under 50, no preference although I have way more semi-autos than wheel guns.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Under 50, Usually grab one of my semi's, but don't feel undergunned with a revolver.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Under 50 and I'm developing a fascination with single shots.

If I had to choose between semis and revolvers, though, I'd go with a semi.

·
4,245 Posts
Comfortably under 50, no preference though. Whatever strikes me that day is what I carry.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Also comfortably under 50... for concealed carry I prefer the semi, but only due to the slimmer profile. For open carry (or hunting, of course) I prefer the revolver. If, God forbid, I ever find myself in a situation, I'd much rather the perp be able to see those nice big fat hollow points sitting in the cylinder.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
50 straight up. wheel guns for me. smiths preferred. i won a xd40 last summer and while i admit it is a nice little gun, it just doesn't do it for me. my boys (15 y/o) on the other hand like it much more than revolvers. so much in fact that my backyard range is now paved in spent 40 shells.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Under 50, way under. S&W/Ruger Revolvers hands down. I do own a few semi's for HD, SHTF, etc. Of course those semis are S&W M&P's.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
I am 71 and when I was a Trooper always carried a revolver and I use that to qualify each year, more familiar with that style...

·
Banned
83 Posts
under 50 and i do love autos but there is something about a nice revolver that always tugs at my heart strings....i like them big though. .44 and up for me!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
under 50, I enjoy shooting them both. I prefer the semi for protection, and obviously use the revolvers for hunting.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am well over 50 closer to 60 and its a even split 4 of each single action to plastic auto like them all

·
Registered
680 Posts
Under 50, and I Like them all! Blackhawks, 1911's, M9's, I really want a Sig P238 to carry. I just like them all!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Under 50 prefer a revolver I have both but if I am going to be put in a pressure situation I just want to worry about sight picture and pullin the trigger.If I praticed alot more maybe I would prefer a semi but for the pure simplistic idea of no saftey or jams I carry a sw j frame

1 - 20 of 57 Posts