1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i just ordered a 4in for my z7 last night. Although i had a hard time choosing between the 2 and 4. Ive heard a lot of good reviews on them tho.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'd like to see someone do some testing to see if they provide any benefit. With most of today's bows being pretty effecient at transferring energy there should be very little vibration in the riser. Something like that seems to be a marketing gimmick. With very little vibration to begin with there is nothing to dampen, then the point of a stabilizer is to shift the balance point of the bow and unless it is real heavy something 2-4" long isn't going to do that very well. Way too much stuff hitting the market today that provides no real advantage but sells due to the cool factor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree w/ Sendero. They do look cool, but not sure how much function. Getting something that looks cool is always fun, too! Is Axion owned by Mathews? Like Bowtech's Octane or Hoyt's Fuse. I didn't think they were, but looking at them more closely, they really gear to the Mathews niche.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2" weighs 6oz. The 4" is 8oz and I cant remember what the 6" is like 10oz. So a Limbsaver S-Coil is 4.5" long and weighs 4.73 oz. So the stabilizing weight is there. Not only that, you can move the weight around in the axion stabilizer to customize it to what does best for you (on the 4-6" models).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts