The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yinz realize that at this current moment in time, the Bucs, Pens, and Stillers, can all be considered contenders for their respective championships ? It's not often that comes around. The Pens pretty much prevented that possibility from their inception, until the late 80's, after a few years of building around Lemieux finally took hold. Then there were those "Battlin'" Bucco's, and the 20 years of suffering. The Stillers, minus most of the 80's, were pretty much the only hope for most years.

Now, all 3 ain't gunna happen (though '79 we had 2), but at least they all got some game.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Youse Guys have it so made.

The 'Burgh is just... so special!

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Fleroo said:
Yinz realize that at this current moment in time, the Bucs, Pens, and Stillers, can all be considered contenders for their respective championships ? It's not often that comes around. The Pens pretty much prevented that possibility from their inception, until the late 80's, after a few years of building around Lemieux finally took hold. Then there were those "Battlin'" Bucco's, and the 20 years of suffering. The Stillers, minus most of the 80's, were pretty much the only hope for most years.

Now, all 3 ain't gunna happen (though '79 we had 2), but at least they all got some game.
2009 had 2 as well.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Fleroo said:
Yeah. I actually never realized that.
Really? What rock were you living under? How on earth could you not have realized that Pittsburgh saw both a Lombardi and a Stanley Cup that year??????

There were parades and accolades galore. It was talked about to death virtually everywhere locally and nationally.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummmm Dude, Relax. Ya, I realize the Pens won the cup, and the Steelers won SBowl. I just never really thought about them both doing it in the same year. My mind goes back to '79 on auto-pilot I guess, and I don't have a Steelers Bedspread, Pirates Pillow covers, and Sidney posters tacked all over my bedroom wall, so I guess all in all, I wasn't too enamored and caught up in the scene at the time, going goo-goo.
It stinks being in your 50's and all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts