The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of weeek ago I got the morrell bag target from Cabela's paid over $50.00 with shipping , I made a target frame with plastic pipe painted it camo and put it in my back yard .Because of all the rain I covered the whole set up with a plastic garbage bag .
Tonight after dinner Our German Shepard started to bark in a way that We knew something was around our house , We backup to a SGL and there is always something crawling around out there .We went out to the back porch to see what was up and saw a Big black bear tugging on my target , We yelled and screamed at Him to get away , He ran about 10 yards into the woods , then He came dashing back , pulled My morrell off the frame and ran away with .I Couldn't believe my eyes , I never even took a shot at that target but I know when I find it , if I do,it will be chewed up pretty good.
The only thing I could think of is that the bear thought it was a bag of garbage because They are always in someone's cans during garbage pickup day and run into the woods with the plastic bags to sit down to eat later.
Hope You get a laugh at My story , I will find out when I find the bag if it was funny.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thats crazy hope you find it. If not find the bear in nov and make him pay lol

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Why would you even consider making the title of this thread what it is?

Looking for a long ban or what?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Re: You can't make this up

BONZy said:
The cussing, substitution for cussing (cartoon symbols, dashes, underscore and the rest) is one again out of hand.

Everyone agreed to the site rules when they registered. All the above is not allowed on HPA. It will not be tolerated.

To be very clear, the following are the rules for posting and the use of cussing or the substitution of letters and symbols to denote cussing.

Free Speech Disclosure

HuntingPA is a free site with rules governing the use of these services. There are limits to your free speech rights by accepting the rules of this site. Those limits are determined largely by good taste and family values.

Cursing, cussing, swearing, in any manner is not condoned on HuntingPA. We make every attempt to edit the posts containing it. Cursing, cussing, swearing in written form or in combination of letters and symbols, or in "cartoon or comic page" symbols is not allowed within the HuntingPA site.
HuntingPA is designed for and encourages the relating of your personal experiences and views of all outdoor activities. The key to a fulfilling experience on HuntingPA is to treat others as you would want to be treated. This extends to the differences of opinions held by other members.

We encourage the hearty exchange ideas and opinions on sometimes heated topics. The manner of that discussion must be carried out in a friendly and interactive manner that is free of personal slights or personal attacks.
Expect the mods to have little tolerance for continued usage of these workarounds.

Site rules are available for viewing at:

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1597975#Post1597975

There just is not any logical or real need to cuss or attack anyone for any post made on this board. It has gotten out of hand, and will also be dealt with by moderation.

All, please, come here to share, relax and discuss. Hunting and HPA are supposed to be fun.

Lets redouble our efforts to make it so for one and all.

Thanks for the cooperation

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Dutch
Sorry Sir , I thought that it would be funny , It wasn't meant to offend anyone , Just wanted to share what I thought was a funny story not ruffle anyone's feathers or I would have not used that title . Ok I wont post here anymore
and No I am not looking for a long Ban because I enjoy reading This Forum every day
Tom

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
The forum staff have zero tolerance...I have experiences with such things...even VERY generic. Even using ***.. or *&^&*, with an s worth starting the **** will usually get you a warning. They want this G rated. It's their forum....their rules. Bears do crazy things..... Best regards.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
They will rename or delete this thread... spinning the dice! Re read their rules... It's a zero tolerance. You'll see. Tread lightly my friend!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: You can't make this up

First thing this morning I took My Dog and went looking for My Morrell Target , We found it about 100 yards to the south of my house . The Bear opened up the bottom and tore some of the stuffing out , but not bad ,I dragged it Home and patched it up , So I am happy now its funny to Me too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts