The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy sent me a pic of a roadkill yote hit yesterday in glen mills,said the PGC took it to the SPCA to warn them to be on the look out, this is the first i am hearing of them in delco any one else hear this?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
They'd warn them because lots of yuppies would be prone to spot a yote and call the spca about a stray dog in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
SPCA does not pick up stray animals,the animal control officer for that area does.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Funny how yotes just show up around prisons with no hunting allowed.They first started showing up in Montgomery county around Grtersford prison years back.Though I DON'T believe the GC ever stocked a yote in Pa, I do think they have moved some onto prison grounds as deer control.Obviously, they spread out pretty good from there

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Delco has plenty, had the landowner where I deer hunt, just south of West Chester saw a pair on his place, very residential, but their there. Also found a couple dead foxes this season. Tell tale sign of yotes?? Eliminating their competition?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I actually saw a road kill yote in E.Bradford a few weeks ago.I thought I was imagining things and went back to make sure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first i heard of that too.....and i was in ridley creek state park 3-4 days a week in october archery hunting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts