The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked my cams & i have some yotes on camera between 8 and 10 for several days. Do yotes stay on a pattern of movement through a certain area like deer?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
For a period of time. Then it changes. Transient dogs may be predictable to an extent. When saying predictable I mean they might frequent a location long term. They wont run the same track at the same time every night. Just like deer, if something gets their attention in the opposite direction, they'll head that way. Pack dogs move. They come, they go, they come back again, etc.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Depends on if the female is bred and the food sources in the area. One coyote traveled like 100 or 200 miles a couple years ago, with a collar on. Sometimes they stay as pairs, many times some of the last years litter stay and help the female raise her young. If they been there that frequent you have some good bait at your camera. Calling them could be rough if your feeding them well.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No feeding at all. I just have the camera set on a trail checking deer movement. Well going to give it a try here shortly. Hope there their tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts