The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------2100 hours------or 9 PM-----------Two combines and 3 dump trucks just pulled up-----O Dark hundred and they are taking the corn in!!!! Never seen it done this late in the evening but its coming down!! Darn----I cant hunt till Saturday!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Oh boy........get ready!!!!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 AM the last dump truck rolled out!! Done

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Yea, what is the deal with the corn this year? I bet a good 75% is still up around here.

I have permission to hunt a couple small ajoining pieces of property, but have to stay out of any crops. Seems like the deer get shot at, run into the corn, and then stay there for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Ground too wet to get in and cheaper to let air dry down than use propane grain dryer when moisture is too high.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hunt/fish365 said:
Yea, what is the deal with the corn this year? I bet a good 75% is still up around here.

I have permission to hunt a couple small ajoining pieces of property, but have to stay out of any crops. Seems like the deer get shot at, run into the corn, and then stay there for the rest of the day.
Heck they have been there since it came up!!! They dont leave. LOL

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
can't you always go hunt it after school? you should have a bit until it gets dark

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I live almost an hour from work so its dark or almost when I pull up.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they high tailed it out to the nextt standing field??? No deer today sighted at all and that is the first time ?????? I think the corn is still up at DJ so they may have headed there. or to MW where there is still standing corn??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes the corn is still up at DJ'S...I have a stand up the hollow at DJ's which is the same hollow behind your house.
Since I got my buck last week I'll be bowhunting on Saturday......We are going to put some drives on Sat. around 10:00am...you might want to be in your stand behind your house around that time.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That will be perfect timing after the breakfast!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
OK GOOD LUCK.....SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.
DO YOU THINK YOU COULD SHOW ME THAT STAND SOMETIME YOU WERE TELLING ME ABOUT THE OTHER DAY ?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YEP GOOD LUCK TOMORROW.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What a day hunting---to make it short---took kids to Santas Breakfast first! Came home looked out the back door and 8 deer walking down below! Jump in the shower to descent---20 minutes later====grab the flintlock and head down to the farthest away stand! Nothing! Call it quits just prior to dark and as I start to come down SNORTS up by the house!! The stupid deer circled back while I was in the shower and had bedded down 5 yards from the house just inside the woods---the wife jumped them when she went to hang the new bird feeder my daughter and I made---at the same time I was comign up! Bunkys Luck this year is all BAD! Wasted 4 hours sitting tonight---should just mount a stand on the roof!

·
Registered
104 Posts
That stinks, yea sounds like you should hang off the chimmey or something.
Well my day wasn't much better..got to my stand at first light with bow in hand only to see two hunters sitting on the hillside not more than 50 yards and another hunter 150 yards up the hollow and another hunter on the other hill side hunting the corner of the corn field.
I hunted till 10:00 and saw two small doe...that was it.
I got down and started walking up the hollow and the first group of hunters left...I approached the third hunter and it was Price..told me Davey told him his boys had permission to hunt the hillside and his stand was on his land and not Daveys.
Which I know is not true..Daveys property line pretty much backs up to the houses on the one side and his stand is well over the ridge line.
We are going to post everything since we lease the ground since they can't stay off private property.
We started putting on drives around 11:00 and kicked up 10 doe but no buck...that's hunting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts