The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
SHEDMAN25 said:
Not sure if any where is cheaper, they are never on sale. Look into Pelican coolers just as good for less.
This I agree with. Yeti may have started with these type of coolers but all the companies make them now and don't ask yeti's high prices

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
RobOz said:
Rich R. said:
Way overrated...you can buy a lot of ice for 400 bucks..
That's all well and good as long as you have an ice source.
And if you don't use a lot of ice. Say a bag is $2.00 and you use 2 bags a day, in 100 days the cooler has paid for itself. By the time we go to the beach, go to the mountains, and keep beer on ice throughout the summer I easily use over that amount of ice in a year. The cooler itself should last a lifetime.

Buy once, cry once. I own a Esky similar to a Yeti and love it.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
How can you use 2 bags of ice per day? Do you let the lid up? You also need ice in the high priced coolers just not as often? I think once someone gets it in their mind to buy a newer type cooler they are going to do it regardless of what anyone says? They are just looking for someone to agree with them on their decision. Another thing to consider is when traveling or on a hunting or fishing trip where you may be away from camp for several hours to all day someone may be more likely to STEAL a yeti or such cooler?

·
Registered
614 Posts
There was a test done with all of the high dollar coolers and the coleman,igloo ,etc line,to see how they compared. The coleman extreme was so close to the Yeti,in ice keeping capability that it made no sense to spend the extra money for a Yeti if you are only buying it to save on ice consumpion, now durability may be a different story. I'll see if I can find the link to the test and post it. Here is the link,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Real happy with my Pelican. keeps ice forever. Drawback..it weighs 35lbs empty.

That being said, I just bought a YETI mug and it keeps my coffee warm for hours.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I recently found a cooler line that is just coming out. Same type of durability and heavy insulation as a yeti but much cheaper. Google RTIC coolers

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
good ole boy said:
burk313 said:
Where is the cheapest place to buy a Yeti Cooler????? Thanks for the replys...
If your tryin to find these coolers cheaper then that ought to tell ya they are way out of your league.
So, I guess you never shop around for a good price on a high dollar item? Telling someone that they are out of their "league", sounds quite elitist. Almost as bad as fly fisherman and archers

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
RobOz said:
good ole boy said:
burk313 said:
Where is the cheapest place to buy a Yeti Cooler????? Thanks for the replys...
If your tryin to find these coolers cheaper then that ought to tell ya they are way out of your league.
So, I guess you never shop around for a good price on a high dollar item? Telling someone that they are out of their "league", sounds quite elitist. Almost as bad as fly fisherman and archers
without having looked myself i think YETI are one of those things where either you are going to pay the price or not get one. they are the same in all the places i have seen but i never really went on a lowest price hunt for them.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Shaddartman said:
The higher end Coleman Xtreme Marine Pro(Offshore) is a great cooler that is less than $100 leaving you some $$ to buy ice!!

Coleman Marine Xtreme Marine Pro
If you watch craigslist, you may run into one at a decent price. I agree Yeti and cheap dont go together. LOL. Anothe option would be Dunhams, with a 20% off coupon. I want one, but just cant get the wife on board.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts