The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January found several of us HPA types visiting Cresson Sportsman's Club. Cold and snowy was the forecast. Add a substantial covering of ice.

Even then - the true potential for holding the Expo here was obvious.

From the club house porch

Last week looking at the club house porch

Rifle range cold and barren

The rifle range with the fresh crop of hunters and shooters! Kids on the BB gun range during the event.

Lower grounds.

No one was fishing in January!

Not so during the Expo! Fishing with the family was a popular activity!

O730 the first morning of the Expo. Coffee awaits inside those doors to the club house!

Admin buggies provided by Edensburg Yamaha.

The ever present bobcat! The Cresson labor saver par none!

Everywhere you looked, you saw this label on bobcats, lighting, and a host of other equipment. It was also evident during the work weekend I attended - and from reports - all year long on the Cresson grounds. That year long support deserves a big
and a huge thanks!

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Well, Ryan and I thought the September camping at Cresson was kind of cold. Thank goodness it wasn't January!

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Nice pics!!

Started to shiver & just switched over from AC to heat though!!

·
Registered
61 Posts

What an awesome thing to see the scouts shooting on the range and instructed by the scout leaders. I know everyone enjoyed the scouts being there over the HPA weekend! I know it was great having them there, gaining experience with cooking, shooting, archery, and many other events. Good work Scouts!!

·
Registered
61 Posts

This was such a great addition to the HPA weekend! When they landed, the kids were able to sit inside the chopper and the pilot/crew were very informative and friendly. Thanks to StatMedivac for all thier support!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Just want to give credit where credit is due - Thanks Bluetick for the pic for my new avatar!
Sure was a great day! Nice meeting you and the missus and the beagle!

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Rabbit410 said:
Just want to give credit where credit is due - Thanks Bluetick for the pic for my new avatar!
Sure was a great day! Nice meeting you and the missus and the beagle!
how do I get a pic in the avatar, I tried doing it same way I would get pics on a post from photobucket, but no dice! What in the world am I doing wrong??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts