The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that didn't see this in the waterfowl forum(I posted it there since they aslo like my pictures)Here a few pictures from last night storm. I sent them to fox 43 new they said their going put one on air at 6:30 on the start of the weather.

Sorry about the watermark across them this way I don't have people just use them for what ever. As I seen on here before.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
Nice shots, how do you know when the lightning is going to strike? How do you set up for these shots if you don't mind me asking, and if you do that's ok

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Nice pics Mark. Where you placed the watermark, makes for an easy photoshop to get rid of, reallll easy. All black background. Just a heads-up.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Moss,
From what I have read for night lightning shots, hold the shutter open and wait. Daytime requires a lightning sensor for the camera.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

TPlank said:
Nice pics Mark. Where you placed the watermark, makes for an easy photoshop to get rid of, reallll easy. All black background. Just a heads-up.
Yeah I know that but I also set the quality way down so if you would try to set it as a backround or make a bigger picture and print out it not going be a very good picture anyway I try to do that with all my pictures I post either way I should be good. Most people on here don't really know how to use photoshop.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MOSS said:
Nice shots, how do you know when the lightning is going to strike? How do you set up for these shots if you don't mind me asking, and if you do that's ok
I had it on tripod set the shutter anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds for these shots. I change the ISO a few times and the f stop. It was just getting dark so I have to adjust as the night went on. There was a lot of lightning going on where I was shooting as soon as it got the pictures I press the shutter again. I took about 100 or so shots and got about 10 lightning bolts.

Day time you can do it the same way as night just set the f stop to f22 or your lowest f stop your lens has(my one lens is f32) and set the ISO down to about 100 and most time durning a storm it kind of dark anyways.

Thanks Moss!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TPlank said:
Moss,
From what I have read for night lightning shots, hold the shutter open and wait. Daytime requires a lightning sensor for the camera.

Well less you know what your doing. And sometime you need a little luck on your side. I got a few at day time by luck. Like this one here.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Well that's what I had read. I don't have any experience with lightning photos. Just read up on it in case the opportunity presents itself.

Nice shots either way. Nice wide open area by the river works well.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
awesome pics!

i gotta ask tho, why don't you want people using the pics are background images on their pc's?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for all the kind comments!

Drag said:
awesome pics!

i gotta ask tho, why don't you want people using the pics are background images on their pc's?
I usually don't mind but the problem is people just can't ask they just take them like it their's. That what I don't like about it. And I do have a website where you can buy them. I spend all this money in my gear I would like to get something out of it some day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts