The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few months of not really being able to get out much. my leg is finally good enough I can get a decent hunt in. I have the next week off and will be running the dogs onto the ground! Some pics from day 1 of my rabbit vacation. I still haven't gotten any kills but I am getting some shooting and awesome runs today. The last few weeks have been short runs to holes.
The music was rolling when I took this one

Griff with our first of the day

Chris and Jack with #2

Hammer's first major hunt, he is looking REAL good at a year old

Hopefully the week continues like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to see you are out and about. Yesterday was our best day in a couple weeks also, first big male of the season just about run the hounds legs off until the boy finally stopped him on the third round.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day 2 was spent running a bunch of young hounds and getting some retirees some time on the ground. A nice day spent at the beagle club. Just loaded up some hammers and I'm hoping the snow starts soon...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent day today! Day 3 took some pros and had some of the best running since I broke the leg. Had a light snow falling and the dogs ran pretty much all day. They ended up with 15 miles. I broke my slump and finally killed one! Buddy Chris got one as well. Both rabbits we killed were 2+ hr chases.
Rebel Ranger Belle and Trixie...

Chris with his. What a run this one gave us. One of the sneakiest rabbits..

The end of the line.

Cool Picture of Belle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts