The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience better dawn or dusk vision with yellow lenses? They are supposed to work the best on cloudy overcast days and improve sharpness and clarity.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I tried them and you can see sharper but lose colors. Everything is a shade of yellow and I couldn't pick out deer as easily so I quit using them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Anyone experience better dawn or dusk vision with yellow lenses? They are supposed to work the best on cloudy overcast days and improve sharpness and clarity.
I wear yellow lenses all day long when bird hunting. I think the yellow tint helps me.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I used to use tinted safety glasses for flintlock until I needed 'Real" glasses. They had a rose color that sharpened things but didn't color shift'

·
Registered
250 Posts
Different color lenses are made for different conditions. I find the bronze much better than yellow. Ranger shooting glasses used to have a list of lens color and best use. Haven't been to their site in a bit, but it is probably still there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I fairly regularly use them on heavy overcast days and in the first and last hours of hunting during the deer seasons and occasionally when bird hunting. I find them helpful. YMMV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts