The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
It's been that way for quite some time. Lot's of folks fish for trout year round.
seriously??? I 've been out of the trout game for a few years, but I never knew this either. i thought once they were stocked, they were off limits. so i can now start fishing at 6a.m. as long as I don't keep til 8 on all stocked streams?

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
I think some of that is new. Some of those listed, especially a few of the streams have been year round for a while but did not receive a preseason stocking. Only in-season. Many of those lakes though used to be "extended trout season" bodies of water and would close on March 31st so they could be stocked for the regular opening day. They were closed for about two weeks. Not much of a difference, but a difference nonetheless.

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kudu58 said:
I think some of that is new. Some of those listed, especially a few of the streams have been year round for a while but did not receive a preseason stocking. Only in-season. Many of those lakes though used to be "extended trout season" bodies of water and would close on March 31st so they could be stocked for the regular opening day. They were closed for about two weeks. Not much of a difference, but a difference nonetheless.
Correct. Now you can C&R fish after March 31st. The season was closed for two weeks up till this year. Most of these are lakes and most people will use bait on the bottom and deep hook these fish, which will = less fish for the opener.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LONG BEARD 101 said:
I wonder how many people will miss this. You can fish these waters year round now. I can't see people using bait in lakes and not expecting a high mortality rate b/4 the regular opener.

http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/yearround.html
What if the creek is not listed as at all on the PAFB website???? Can I still fish it year round??? or do I have to stop for the month of March???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts