The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the local yard sales the other day and bought a box of gun books....some winchester stuff, colt, some junk books. Paid $5. Found this gem of a book, alone it is worth over $250... the Samuel Colt leather bound bio may be worth about the same too...not sure yet.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Nice snag on that one! If thats a first edition, you are smack on @ $250. You can buy the reprint new for less, but to me, the old original is the only way to go ! PM me when you are going to your next yardsale !

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a pic I scarfed on ebay of same book...it is a first edition in better condition than that. You should see what else I got in the box, that I didnt know was worthy til i did some research. Ill take pic of it 2nite and post up...
Better than I thought..someone collected books, passed them on and someone didnt know what they had I assume.

update...Here is pic of the best of a 30 book buy. Got a nice collecters copy of armsmear, some 1st edition colt books..also the rifle in America was signed by Sharpe.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don....I have what I need (or I care to put out) and looking for nice xbow though!!! lol.. I love yard sales....
Willy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts