The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this stand? My current climber, API grand slam supreme is over 20 years old and very heavy. Looking for a lighter climber and the XOP Ambush seems to fit that bill weighing in at ~18lbs. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Dont know about that stand, but the climber I have weighs 11lbs, both sections.

It was made by "Timber Tall", right here in Pa. I cant find the paperwork that came with it for more information, but I can say it worked for me without problems right up to the time my disability stopped me from using it.

Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
i have had my xop climber for a for years now and no issues at all, really like it and its super quiet and packs out nice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys appreciate the info. Flintlock Hunter, I remember seeing the Timber Tall treestands years ago out at the Harrisburg show. Unfortunately, they are no longer in business. They were truly the lightest climbers I ever saw. I should have bought one of them years ago. Attackone, the XOP are very similar to Lone Wolf stands and I really like how they pack out. They look to be very quiet also. My API stand makes noise while walking into my stand no matter what I do to try and quiet it down and doesn't pack up nearly as compact as the XOP.

·
Registered
20,911 Posts
I have a Timbertall baby light that I'd part with,I think I used it 3 times.I just like my LW better.

·
Super Moderator
13,016 Posts
I use an API for short hikes and the Timber tall for longer trips. I don't have issues with any of my stands making noise as I pack then into the woods....as I have use pipe insulation where parts can bump each other and I fasten the climber and the platform together tightly to prevent movement. I use either web belts and/or bungee cords.

When carrying stands on my ATV again I fasten them down tight for a quiet ride and to keep them in place.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I struggle with my XOP climber. Beautifully designed, light. But I can't get my toes secured, always feel like they are slipping out!! And the climbing straps which go around tree from the stand and climber are very soft and flexible. This becomes a problem as I climb and the straps do not freely go up tree. My explanation is poor but my frustration causes the XOP to stay home and my old heavy climber goes with me every time. Does anyone know a solution???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts