The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any feedback on these? A friend just had me check out there website. Kinda neat has a jaw system that holds it supposedly solid all done from the ground. Looks good

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not sold on the Jaws for connection. It's one more stress point and a single point of failure. Never had any issues with the standard V brackets.

I just got a Muddy Prestige 2 man (little tight) but no doubt it was made right next to the x-stand bubba. It's clear that 4-5 of these companies are made in the same facotry.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have really never had any issues with the traditional v bracket ladders. I use ratchet straps for all of the connections and never was worried about climbing the ladder to secure the top strap. Where is the ladder going to go with the brace attached to the tree and the two straps in an X around the tree and secured to the ladder section?

The jaws just seem to add extra weight to carry into the woods.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
People take them down? All joking aside. How is it different then putting it up just in reverse order? I make sure everything is tight before I start and use a safety harness when undoing the straps around the top of the stand. To be fair I don't use the huge 2 man stands that take a crane to put up. I only use stands that I can manage on my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts