The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opening day:
Saw five deer all day, stayed in stand entire day. At noon time two bucks come in together at 30 yards. Four point and spike. Not Legal Deer, didn't raise the rifle.

Mon, Tues, Wed - Saw deer Monday, no shots.

Thur/Fri - Work

Saturday, filled one of my two 3D doe tags at 9:00 AM.

Mon-Thursday worked in Philadelphia.

Friday, December 9, 2011: Worked at home office until 2:00 PM (satellite link to office main frame, ain't technology grand?)

2:35 PM Get in my stand. 2:45 PM at about 150 yards several deer walking through. Filled second 3D doe tag (pics below)

Saturday, December 10th: Have two in the freezer, didn't go out as don't need another deer.

Big buck I saw during bow season elluded me. Around here (Pike/Wayne County Line) I'd have heard if someone killed this one (legally at least, always the poaching issue up here)

Here's yesterday's doe:

Notice the HPA sticker in the window?

The date/time stamp on the camera is wrong.

Hope everyone enjoyed their season. I didn't get the big buck but God blessed us with our meat allotment for the winter.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I splurged a few year back. Being that I'm only 5'5" tall, guns are made for an "average" sized male, 5'9". I bought a savage 111 in .308 and brought it to a gunsmith. Spent more with him than on the rifle. The stock is custom made to my length of pull, the trigger was worked to 1/2 lb and the bbl was worked. My five bullet groups all touch at 200 yards. I love this gun. So, to answer your question, it is technically a savage .308, but not quite.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Good job wytetail. Is that your hunting dog in the last picture? Pomeranian?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Muzz, if you look at the last picture carefully, the lower right by the back end of the deer is my Springer Spaniel. The only way to stop the little pomeranian from barking at the deer incessantly was to pick him up. Cute little guy though. Wife's dog, but truth be told I like him too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts