The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several Wyoming lawmakers are proposing legislation designed to protect gun-owners from any potential federal firearm ban. The “Firearms Protection Act” bill, introduced this week, would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries.

Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal. It also includes a provision allowing the Wyoming Attorney General’s office to defend any state resident against any federal firearm ban.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
This bill is actually old, but still pertinent. This thread was recently done. PA is not likely to do this with Casey as a Senator. I'm not sure of the legalities of what lawmaker can do what...I'm in favor of it, for the record.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
wyomingcounty said:
This bill is actually old, but still pertinent. This thread was recently done. PA is not likely to do this with Casey as a Senator. I'm not sure of the legalities of what lawmaker can do what...I'm in favor of it, for the record.
Casey is a US Senator, and has absolutely ZERO say on PA state laws.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Only way to possibly get this done would be to have a petition to get it placed on the next general election so that the law makers SEE that the people want something like this.. and not to trust those in power that are anti-gun.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
I do volunteer work w/a retired MD SP guy. We were talking about the various states abilities to not enforce federal laws related to gun control (he's on "our" side). Anyway, he mentioned just a few years ago he had some training @ what various states do for this and that, and they mentioned in the seminar/course (to an audience of Maryland SP officers) that the state of Wyoming actually has plans- state sanctioned plans and procedures, of which WY State Police are active participants- for closing and defending its borders SPECIFICALLY as a defensive measure against the federal guvmn't.

Made me feel all good inside that at least some states are man enough to make some sort of stand. The mere threat of a state like Texas or WY going "off the reservation" would make the federal guvmn't very, very uncomfortable. Would they start a war over banning semi-autos? Obama's crazy enough to order the 1st shot- for our own good and all that. He's already got blood on his hands w/Fast & Furious.

Ideally the Senators would rush him like a Roman mob before he could give the order.

BH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts