The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple goats that my friend and I got last fall. I went out west with an old high school friend for a quick trip. We drove 3500 miles in six days (big detour around the 44 inches of snow in South Dakota). We met up with another friend out there for a two day hunt. Great time with some great friends. I think I got him addicted to the west. He got really excited when we saw the big mule deer on the way in. I wish he could go with us for muleys in Montana this fall.

Mine

Marty's

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shovelheadave, we went with an outfitter. It was the worst outfit I have hunted with so far. If I had it to do over again, I would have found some public ground.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Nice work and great pic's. I took my 16 year old daughter
just north of Douglas for a DIY goat hunt back in Sept. She shot a 16" the first day. We had a blast, easy hunting and lots of goats. Will be taking the wife and youngest daughter in a few years.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fullfan said:
Nice work and great pic's. I took my 16 year old daughter
just north of Douglas for a DIY goat hunt back in Sept. She shot a 16" the first day. We had a blast, easy hunting and lots of goats. Will be taking the wife and youngest daughter in a few years.
Wow! A 16" goat is tough to come by! Congrats to her. The place we hunted was definitely over hunted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts