The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a Wyoming guided elk hunt for this year. I don't have preference points so it looks like my best option for drawing is a general tag. I've spoken with Elk Mountain Outfitters out of Wheatland and they seem like straight shooters. I'm close to signing with them and just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them? Thanks.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I've hunted with Double T Outfitters just outside of Jackson. Nothing fancy just hard working guys that are honest and will bust their butts to get you a shot. They had excellent years this year and last both in numbers and sizes. I did archery and not in great condition but still was put in position for a shot. It's all horseback and their horses are very gentle and manageable. Usually
an easy draw with 1-2 points. Check out their web page and call them with any questions. Cost my last 2 times out was $3900.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Trophy Mountain Outfitters out of Jackson.... I've Mule Deer hunted with them in 2009 and I'm headed back out for elk in Sept.

First class outfitter... no doubt! They do everything in their power to get you in front of game, and they do a fantastic job at it! Check out their website:

www.trophymountainoutfitters.com

Dustin and the gang are awesome!!!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recommendations. I will have to give them a call. Just wondering were you guess successful on your hunts and did you see much game.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Splash,
We went 6 for 6 in 4 days of hunting.... should have been in 3 days of hunting. Two other hunters from Oregon were also in our camp. Some folks missed on their first opportunity. They all worked hard to put us in position for the shots... they're the best outfitter I've ever been with...Here were the results from my group!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts