The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tree hugging, gun hating, liberals are at it again. Now bashing the WVU Mascot for harvesting a bear with his musket. Apparently they don't like the fact the musket is real and not just a prop. So sick of the anti gun slant the media constantly portrays.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The ONLY prob i have with this is WHAT IF this gun is accidently loaded. I cant believe that the univ is taking on that liability. For what he is doing, he should be utilizing a realistic prop that can fire smoke when he is at the field.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
pt1e said:
The ONLY prob i have with this is WHAT IF this gun is accidently loaded. I cant believe that the univ is taking on that liability. For what he is doing, he should be utilizing a realistic prop that can fire smoke when he is at the field.
They get this, and historical reenactments will be next.. not one dimes difference between what the mascot represents and johnny reb.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
justgrad25 said:
Heard he got pinched for not wearing req'd orange when he harvested the bear.
he did...i dont see how the gun can get loaded, he shoots it when they score or at the end of the half and then reloads it...not only that its a tradition...also i forgot LETS GO MOUNTIANEERS!!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
attackone said:
justgrad25 said:
Heard he got pinched for not wearing req'd orange when he harvested the bear.
he did...i dont see how the gun can get loaded, he shoots it when they score or at the end of the half and then reloads it...not only that its a tradition...also i forgot LETS GO MOUNTIANEERS!!!!!
Right on GO EERS!!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I reckon it more the video of the event making the rounds and the giggling and hooting seen and heard as the bear fell rather than the smokepole.
Always best to act like you've been there...even if you have not.

Irregardless..... Let's Go, Mountaineers!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
OldDublin said:
I reckon it more the video of the event making the rounds and the giggling and hooting seen and heard as the bear fell rather than the smokepole.
Always best to act like you've been there...even if you have not.

Irregardless..... Let's Go, Mountaineers!
not picking on you, but i will never apologize for getting excited for taking a animal or catching a big trout

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm surprised that there are that many WVU fans on here. I am one as well after growing up in Morgantown and being an alum. WVU was praised back in the day for having their first female mascot, now this. Probably from many of the same people.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
ccall29 said:
I'm surprised that there are that many WVU fans on here. I am one as well after growing up in Morgantown and being an alum. WVU was praised back in the day for having their first female mascot, now this. Probably from many of the same people.
i was born and raised in West By God Virginia and about 98% of my family lives there, we have 180 acre farm in Short Gap, my pap has season tickets for football and has had them for years

·
Registered
545 Posts
No problem, A1.
I basically was speaking of the general public response tho I do believe a bit of thought would have gone a long way in a better direction....both with this situation and hunter portrayal to the non-hunting Public in general...you know, the ones we need to influence positively as hunters themselves are a small voting block of folks.
The antis make little difference as they have an agenda, but the non-hunters...they are critical.

The Mountaineer is essentially just a kid and his actions are not difficult to understand and even recognize. Also, he responded very well and I say, learn and move on.
Rather than bull it thru with a Ted Nugent selfish attitude and move on.
WE Hunters, need to learn to lead rather than follow re the Public and the TV self-promoters.

Again.....Let's Go, Mountaineers!

One thing A1, I believe the quote is....West, by the Grace of God, Virginia.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
OldDublin said:
No problem, A1.
I basically was speaking of the general public response tho I do believe a bit of thought would have gone a long way in a better direction....both with this situation and hunter portrayal to the non-hunting Public in general...you know, the ones we need to influence positively as hunters themselves are a small voting block of folks.
The antis make little difference as they have an agenda, but the non-hunters...they are critical.

The Mountaineer is essentially just a kid and his actions are not difficult to understanmd and recognize. Also, he responded in print very well and I say, learn and move on.
Rather than bull it thru with a Ted Nugent selfish attitude and move on.
WE Hunters, need to learn to lead rather than follow re the Public and the TV self-promoters.

Again.....Let's Go, Mountaineers!

One thing A1, I believe the quote is....West, by the Grace of God, Virginia.
haha, West by the grace of god virginia is to long for most of west virginians to say it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts