The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was invited to go spring turkey hunting by a friend of mine in West Virginia. If anybody thinks they pay too much as a resident or even a non redident of Pennsylvania, check out the license fee for what you need in WV.

Non Resisident License: $119.00
Conservation/Law Enforcment Stamp: $13.00
Turkey Stamp: $32.00
National Forest Stamp: $2.00 (We'll be hunting in a national forest)
Plus, he wants us to do some trout fishing while we are there.
Non residident fishing: $37.00
Trout stamp: $16.00

Total Cost: $219.00

There are lots of turkey around my friends place so this should be a good trip

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
Good luck and I sure envy you.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Naaaa....now that is PRICELESS for spring gobbler!!!

Have a great season !!!

It is an addiction....haha

·
Registered
570 Posts
I buy a WV license every year. Don't buy a fishing license but I buy a turkey tag, and 2 antlerless tags for rifle season. It does get expensive but well worth it in my opinion

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me. Possibly an experience you will never forget. Spend a little more and get some great pictures to capture the moment.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I never complain about PA hunting license fees. I love to hunt and fish so I am willing to pay! Good luck in " wild wonderful West Virginia"

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! The license price does not bother me but I have to laugh when I here people complain about PA's hunting license price and it has not been raised for darn near 20 years! I'd like to experience a western turkey hunt as well someday but I'll start out with West Virginia first.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't get the fishing license every year but i do buy the non-resident hunting license every year, and the best part is you can kill 2 gobblers!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts