The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah, I seen this earlier this past week. I wonder how that lib teacher felt having a student arrested over a shirt? Give me a break, what is this nation coming to? I'm literally embarrassed that I spent 20 years defending her. IMO, its getting stupid lately.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
This is exactly why I am considering cyber school for my son. Over the past 3 months, the things he's been telling me that the teachers say and teach them is ridiculous. His history teacher told his class that the bill of rights were created for citizens, but the second amendment is only for the military. That's not what I learned in history class.

I'm literally embarrassed that I spent 20 years defending her.

You shouldn't be embarrassed of defending your country. Be embarrassed of your countries leaders and President. They are the embarrassment.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
In West Virginia to boot. Unbelieveable. I'm not one looking to sue somebody because the wind changed direction and I don't think this issue warrants a law suit, but if I was the kid's father, I'd lay low until my emotions were in check, then find a way to make a spectacle of this "teacher".

·
Registered
102 Posts
my son was givin a hard time about a wounded warrior shirt he wore to school recently that had a gun on it.I had it out with the teacher and vice principle. I told them both I would go to every media outlet that would listen.The next day got a call from the principle who told me she talked to superintendent and they WILL allow the shirt and are changing the dress code to allow shirts like it. This stuff has to stop!

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
Good work. Actions such as the one you took bring commmon sense to this issue. I sincerely hope that the teacher/s who took such a negative path in disallowing the shirt are now on the correct trajectory. No pun intended.

·
Registered
465 Posts
It's amazing how much things have changed in a generation. 23 years ago I was a senior in high school and it was not uncommon to have a firearm in the vehicle we drove to school in. We need to change this perception that all firearms are bad.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
I have 2 neighbors who are retired teachers, and from how they act I'm not suprised. They don't have a clue.

I also have a very good friend who is a teacher. He is like us here on HPA. He was so distressed about what the administration and other teachers want to shove down the kids throats,he almost quit. He'd have been fired if he wasn't tenured and does all he can to present a factual and unbiased point of view to his kids. I urged him not to quit so he could continue to do this and stop the brainwashing of the next generation by these liberal fanatics.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Reminds me a high school girl, quite a few years ago, got arrested for having a deadly instrument in her car parked in the school parking lot.
It was a stick holding up the hood.

Had one in my trunk, which was used to hold up the hood of the exact same vehicle. (Vehicle had a poorly designed hood holder)

Never opened the trunk at that school.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
strohlstaxidermy said:
my son was givin a hard time about a wounded warrior shirt he wore to school recently that had a gun on it.I had it out with the teacher and vice principle. I told them both I would go to every media outlet that would listen.The next day got a call from the principle who told me she talked to superintendent and they WILL allow the shirt and are changing the dress code to allow shirts like it. This stuff has to stop!
Just a heads up on Wounded Warriors. They won't get a dime from me anymore.

They are anti-gun and will not accept donations from events with a religious affiliation. Plenty of other veterans organizations out there that are better deserving of my hard earned $.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/11/wounded-warrior-project-is-anti-gun/#axzz2R9H5SdK2

·
Registered
545 Posts
Don't believe the action was specifically because of the shirt...it was because the other students raised a cheer, et all as the kid was lead away following his refusal to remove the shirt.
Then the overreaction by school officials in claiming he caused a near riot to begin.
The extreme overreaction to the shirt and kids yelling was totally wrong...as was the kid refusing to remove the shirt.....kids and adults both fall prey to the "Look at me!" type behavior.
End result: educational time and money lost and common sense considered less important than making some statement.
Dumb all the way 'round.

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
NRA and other groups ought to promote a day to wear 2nd Amendment freedom shirts across the country as a protest and exercise of free speech. School administrations can pick on one isolated kid. 40 or 50 kids is a different matter.

Recently heard a story about a kid wearing a 150 th the Civil War shirt that had both a US and Confederate flag and they made him turn the shirt inside out or leave school. How anyone could interpret that as racist is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
A West Virginia teenager returned to class Monday wearing the same National Rifle Association T-shirt that led to his suspension and arrest after he refused a teacher's order last week to remove it.

Other students across Logan County wore similar shirts, which display the NRA logo and a hunting rifle, to school in a show of support for 14-year-old Jared Marcum, said his lawyer Ben White.

White said school officials told him on Monday that Marcum's one-day suspension was appropriate because the Logan Middle School eighth-grader was being disruptive. White disputed that position, saying Marcum was exercising his free speech rights and did not disrupt anything.

"Their version is that the suspension was for disrupting the educational process, not the shirt," White said in a telephone interview.

"I don't see how he materially disrupted the educational process," he said.

Logan County Schools Superintendent Wilma Zigmond didn't immediately return a telephone message Monday

·
Registered
465 Posts
The only thing the shirt disrupted is a teacher's ability to brainwash and propagandize.

We need to find out the teacher's name and send some emails to the school administration.

·
Registered
260 Posts
it would be different if he was actually in class when he disrupted it, but he was in the cafeteria eating lunch. People are nuts. But why would the cops arrest the boy, thats just crazy

·
Registered
12,138 Posts
Address for Logan Middle school:

14 Wildcat Way, Logan, WV 25601

Sounds like the teacher is the one that became disruptive by screaming at the student to enforce his own personal censorship.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
This is called trying to save face after doing something incredibly stupid.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts