The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

WTT Ohio deer hunt for PA bear hunt

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Snapper 
#1 ·
I am looking to trade a ohio deer hunt for a pa bear hunt. I have never bear hunted so I am looking for someone with private land or access that has experience in bear hunting. I would prefer to bow hunt but not necessary. Looking for a hunt within 2-3 hours of pittsburgh. My farm is in eastern ohio about an hour from pittsburgh. It is 130 acres in center of 1000 acre block of qdm land. I have 15 stands and 5 food plots all set up for bow hunting but would allow shotgun. It is the norm to see 15-20 deer a sit. My farm is hunted only by a friend and myself and we pass on anything under 140 but it wouldnt be end of world to me if someone shot a 125 plus.(It is hard to tell difference unless you have hunted midwest for awhile, ask me how I know lol.

#3 ·
Bear hunting in PA is mostly done by large gangs of hunters driving the woods to push the bears out to a group of "watchers". I am not sure if this would work for a bow hunter. It is illegal to hunt anything over bait in PA, so you may have to check another state if you want to draw a bear into bow shooting distance. Good luck with your search.

#8 ·
I’ve a camp outside of Oil City; we’ve hunted bears up there for the past 6 years. We killed 2 bears, one each during the first two years, and put up a 3rd last year. A group of us get together and drive bears on hunting leases, we hunt on 3 different plots of posted land 1,000, 300, and 2,000 acre plots. You would not be able to go back and hunt any of these areas without one of us.

I have accesses to the 2,000 acre plot and he has access to the 1,000 and 300 acre plots. So there are two of us involved here. We are both VERY serious archery hunters and understand the passion and skill behind it and would prefer to do it all with a vertical bow. Unfortunately for bears in PA this is the best way to get it done. My buddy has shot 7 or 8 bears in PA. There are several of us who hunt in this group who are cops. If you have any issues with that, this may not be the deal for you. If you have any interest we may be able to work something out. I live in Butler County if there is an interest I would prefer to meet you prior to make sure everything is compatible.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.