The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I remove the doors from my 1999 Wrangler and still be "street legal"?

Thank you

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I agree. Also, if your side mirrors are door mounted, they make brackets to relocate them to the windshield post so you would still have side mirrors should you want.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
BlkKnt62 said:
My mirrors are door mounted and I've never been pulled over or questioned about it in 12 years of owning a wrangler.

They do make a variety of mirror options you can purchase. Check out Quadratec.com

These are probably the easiest http://www.quadratec.com/products/11047_920X_PG.htm

Or you can relocate the mirrors from the doors to the body.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_0201.htm
Never said you had to have them just a option if one preferred. I do understand that some people prefer to be informed of what is going on all around them, including behind them.........While others may not ...........

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I used to use little round mirrors sold at dollar store or wally world, and stuck them to dash to use without doors on.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have wondered about this before also, although my wrangler is a soft top with half doors so there is not much sense in taking the doors off.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I take em' off all the time as does most every jeep owner I know. I'm sure they have to be on to be legal but bet nobody has been ticketed for it in ages.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Any car or truck pre-48 made into a street rod or rat rod can run with out a hood or fenders. Has to have a street rod plate,A fan shroud a must unless you are runniing a electric fan.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The "gray" is this.You can buy kits to remedy the missing mirrors situation for wranglers.The general wisdom around this.If you fix the mirror issue,The Police generally shouldn't bother with you.Unless you do something stupid like have people hanging out side the jeep.Everyone is used to seeing jeeps with out doors,and most LEOs haven't a clue which models are technically doorless from the factory. The LEOs that do have a clue are probably 'jeepers' themselves and would never write up such a meaning less citation. For sure,Windshield is up at all times,unless going off road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts