The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats to North Allegheny, West Allegheny, Aliquippa and Clairton. Clairton now has won 60 straight, and the Quips, well, played like the Quips. Clairton said they want to play them. I'd LOVE to see that one. I think the Quips o line play would make the difference, but it still would be an amazing game.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
The single wing offense West Allegheny ran was pretty much unstappable by West Mifflin.

Not to mention WA shut down the WM offense.

·
6,450 Posts
our AA d9 champ takes on the quips next week hate to say it but it doesn't look good for our guys

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure the Quips have thrown a single pass yet. They just have too many weapons. I shudder to think of what it would look like if they actually played in Single A, where they technically belong.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Final score Quips 55, KC 15. Aliquippa did the classy thing and rolled in the 9th graders starting in the second quarter. Some coaches would have just scored 100, but their coach didn't. I have a huge amount of respect for that guy.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
treestand91 said:
our d9 single a champ gets clairton next week ouch!!!!!
Um, yeah. Yikes. I so wish that Clairton could get the chance to play Aliquippa.

·
6,450 Posts
the bright spot for the d9 team(port Allegheny) is they have a state record setting QB he has almost every career record for passing and will try to set the single season mark next weekend. coincidentaly the single season mark is also held by a d9er from Brockway. the records they hold are pa state records for all classifications single thru quad a. here is a link to what he has done thus far...
http://d9sports.com/20122013/Football/Releases/1129BodamernamedGatPOY.html
some more info
The Gators, who became the first District 9 Class A team to notch a state playoff win since Kane in 2007, now face three-time defending state champion Clairton,, owners of a state-record 61-game winning streak, the longest current streak in the United States, in the semifinals next weekend at a site, date and time to be announced … With two touchdown passes, Bodamer moved into second place in a season in Pennsylvania history with 51 scoring tosses. He is only the third quarterback in PA history with 50 scoring tosses in a season joining South Fayette’s Christian Brumbaugh (52) and Lancaster Catholic’s Kyle Smith (50) … Miller’s TD gives him 18 on the year while Conway bumped his District 9 single-season touchdown catching mark to 23 .. .With 231 yards unofficial passing, Bodamer is now 70 yards shy of Brockway’s Derek Buganza for both the Pennsylvania and District 9 record for a single season. this is from the d9 football sight

·
6,450 Posts
wow long bus ride for the port boys could have made it half way like at clarion u or something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts