The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bow out yesterday, boy do I have a lot of work to do! It's been a couple years and I'm not any younger.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I was shooting my compound 50-60 times a day starting in the Spring. I was fine pulling the 63# bow back. I seen my shooting decline after the heat we been having. I just don't have the strength to shoot after 3-4 shot's. This heat, dew point in the 70's, high humidity. This 56 year old body takes a beaten with the weather we been having lately just being outside for 5 minutes lol.

There's times I go out last minutes before darkness just to get in some shooting, big difference compare throughout the day. Debating setting up temp. lights in the back yard when its much comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Cub I do the same. On the weekend I shoot early morning, and during the week I shoot the last half hour of light. I shot yesterday and was soaked after 6 shots.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I took a break from running the last month because I had too many other projects going on, but ran 5000 meters yesterday afternoon at a high school track in the heat. It's time to not only get into shooting shape, but to get into over all shape so climbing these hills with all your gear doesn't beat you down.

·
Registered
709 Posts
No doubt. shooting very well, but other than that I need to get the heart rate up more often.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I have been shooting every night after work. Kind of addicting and have a hard time stopping once I get started. At the same time it’s time to take a break from messing around with all my gear and shooting every night. Need to get some boots on the ground again and start gathering more intel. Did a lot of winter and spring scouting and have a lot of areas I want to hunt come fall but since then I have discovered new public properties that I need to explore.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I have been practicing my shot release in the basement .
I use the same set up as I have to paper tune and practice my shot release and hold.
I'd rather practice form in the air conditioning then hit dots outside in the heat right now...

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
I know I shoot better and enjoy it more on days I don't work. Didn't use to matter for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
I have been practicing my shot release in the basement .
I use the same set up as I have to paper tune and practice my shot release and hold.
I'd rather practice form in the air conditioning then hit dots outside in the heat right now...
Same here, but in the garage.

Reactions: ruger300
1 - 12 of 12 Posts