The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please help me out on a link to the posting a few weeks ago where all the Hunting Organizations from Potter County Pulled Out of Supporting the Wounded Warriors due to Wounded Warriors Backing the Gun ban?

I have some information I'd like to post tonight that is Short Notice and I want to include the Wounded Warriors Comments on being Anti Gun and 2A!!

Every time I do a search here on HuntingPA, All I get is links to "Wounded deer"!!

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

I still would like a link to the posting that was here in HPA a Few Weeks ago from a couple of Sportsmens Organizations in Potter County who pulled out of backing the Wounded Warriors!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
What? I had no idea... What a bunch of tools. I'll have to let all my army buddies know...

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 150%++++ In Favor of Supporting ALL Veterans!

And I feel All Veterans, Wounded or Not should be Represented by an Organization that is Not Afraid to Stand up and Support Everything in the Constitution of the United States!

The Veterans, Fought, Shed Blood, some Died, Defending the Constitution, they should be Supported by an Organization that Sees that and Stands up just like the Veterans have done and Support ALL forms of the Constitution!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Maybe I read that differently, but I was under the understand that they dont go on any show that is a political hotbed. That would be to say that they wouldnt go on an anti-gun radio show for the exact same reason. If that were the case I wouldnt be as upset as I was when I first read this. Not sure how I should feel about all of this. This one really hits home. Any money I have ever been up for putting towards charity has gone to WWP. Tough one to swallow I guess.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Along with their stance on TV shows that are Firearms friendly there have been some credable folks questioning the actual percentage of dollars that go to fund programs other than salaries. I have donated to WWP in the past but I think my support will go to the USO and local military family support groups and/or other Organizations that don't seem to have an anti 2 A agenda!
Just the thoughts of a Military Retiree!
Smage

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Our local Pheasants Forever Chapter partnered with the Brady’s Bend American Legion to hold a Wounded Warriors pheasant hunt on a shooting preserve owned by Rosebud Mining last spring. We have another Wounded Warriors hunt scheduled for next month.

They don’t seem to be the least bit anti-gun on the local levels from my experience. If there is a problem perhaps it is only in the upper management levels.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Dick,
Isn't that were most of the problems, conflicts and political correctness starts at the corporate level. Donate your time and money to whom ever you desire WWP is not on my list until they straighten out this keep guns and booze out of our program situation that helps the folks that will try to deny ownership to those that fought for and in defense of the Constitution!!
And YES I AM A STAUNCH SUPPORTER OF THE CONSTITUTION!!
Smage

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Watched this play out last month on a firearms board.

IIRC, it was the "national" WWP people who were questionable on supporting gun control, not the local WWP groups?

At any rate, I can personally vouch for the folks at the LEEK Preserve near Oswayo in Potter County.

One of the principals in that group, also heads our local Friends of the NRA banquet committee here and has for several years. They are all great folks at LEEK and do wonderful things for those who have been adversely affected by their military service to our nation.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Fox News, and others will know soon that they are anti Constitution.....

Such a shame. They are pretty main stream nowadays....like to see support for Vets, but would you support Code Pink, as long as they gave to wounded veterans? Probably not.

Now, I will see them as every other organization, and The Regime.. Communists.

Nothing is safe, or sacred anymore. It's quite an uphill battle. Depressing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Had two very discouraging experiences with WWP in the past but always kept silent figuring that I did'nt want to say anything bad about an organization with a very noble purpose. Well, that's out the door now!

For our purposes, we've resorted to working with local VFW, DAV or just word of mouth.

We wanted to give a wounded vet a hunt on our Illinois lease. We offered a no strings attached week long hunt on 600 acres in prime deer country. Arranged lodging, license, travel money and a bunch of free gear and closed the place to anyone else for that week. All the vet needed to do was show up. We wanted no publicity, just the chance to give something back to someone who gave so much.

Tried to contact WWP first by email to hook us up with a deserving vet... got a form letter questionairre that was clearly just a request for money.

Long story short, twice we tried to work with WWP to simply give away a hunt and both times we got ignored. As soon as they realized we weren't offering money or publicity, we simply got ignored.

We managed to find our vets by ourselves each time. We plan on doing it again maybe every other year and have made some good contacts with the local DAV and a VFW post near me but never again will I bother with WWP.

The handful of us that knew about all this had kept quiet with our "issue" not wanting to cast a negative light on such a noble effort. NO MORE!

After this, my two "proud suporter, Wounded Warrior Project" T shirts just went in the rag bin

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
btBowHunter56,
As I indicated in my original post all the WWP
decals have been removed form our Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainer vehicles. In no way can I support any orgaization that is anti-2nd Amendment. I am a Vet myself and will always continue to help and support all military Vets.
Now however it can not be thru the WWP. I am a life Member of the NRA, and was an active part of Charlton Hestons Speakers Bereau, when he was alive. I believe the same way you do and burnt my Wounded Warrior Project T shirts, just recently. Being a decorated Vet and a life member of the NRA I took this as a personal betrayal of my US Constitution.
Which I have sworn to protect and defend against all enemies both foreign and domestic. I will not support in any manner any organization who undermines the 2nd Amendment.

Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Tough call.... burn em or use em for changing oil, wiping up dog puke,etc..... no wait! I think I'll cut em up into gun cleaning patches

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
bt,
Gun cleaning patches, now I like that a lot.
Pine Creek/Dave

1 - 20 of 35 Posts