The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to start this as a "horn hunter" back 'n fourth thread. I'm a disabled hunter and am not interested in just shooting anything with horns. That being said what do you guys think of these guys? Last year I was fortunate enough to take a very nice 10 point from this parcel I am able to hunt......so the older I get.....the more choose I become? I feel so fortunate to get out 'n hunt!!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Depends on how much time you have and your goals. I personally would pass up both of those bucks. They appear to be 2.5 year old based on racks and body size.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Back in the 19900s and 2000s I went several years where I tagged out in archery season and then I went a stretch where I got zero chances with the bow. Being a lot older now and not getting around like I used to I am not as choosey as I used to be. I like fresh venison so I would shoot!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I'm not trying to start this as a "horn hunter" back 'n fourth thread. I'm a disabled hunter and am not interested in just shooting anything with horns. That being said what do you guys think of these guys? Last year I was fortunate enough to take a very nice 10 point from this parcel I am able to hunt......so the older I get.....the more choose I become? I feel so fortunate to get out 'n hunt!!

In a heart beat! You can't even make soup from antlers.

Reactions: Potter Co. Joe

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Depends on where we are in the season. If it's early no (I've got better ones I'm looking at), if its late season and I've still got a tag, I would.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm not trying to start this as a "horn hunter" back 'n fourth thread. I'm a disabled hunter and am not interested in just shooting anything
Steel I too am a 100% disabled vet and deer hunter. My own personal guidelines are if it's is good enough on the last day then it's good enough on the first day. Many years ago I made a promise to myself that I would only kill a deer larger than the last one I killed. Consequently I have not killed many in the past few years. This year I shed my promise of years past and will kill the first legal deer I see as I know this will be my last deer hunt.

·
Super Moderator
27,157 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate on either of those. But that's me. Everyone has their own choices, and either way is good by me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts