The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....to get to hunting season? On sports talk radio, they were asking the question of fans, "would you fast forward summer to get to football season?". Got me thinking....Would you give up the rest of your summer to get to hunting season?

If I were a kid or had a job with the summer off, I would not want to FF. But, I work all year. So what's the difference between August and September? I think I could forego August. I'll take June and July for some summer fun. By August, I'm ready for the cooler weather and hunting up ahead.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see what you mean. The animals need the warmer weather before winter sets in. Let's put it this way, it does not fast-forward for them. It's just you. Like you take a nap for a month or two. Kinda like falling asleep on the plane or a long car ride.

·
Registered
961 Posts
At 37, years old in a fast paced job with 2 soon to be 13 year old boys and a 17 yr old daughter..

No I wouldn't fast forward. Time is just too precious. I love my time in the woods. But the trail cams, food plots, treestands, glassing, spotting and planning are enough to keept the fire burning until October.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Getting kind of close to the end of the movie as things are. So nope and I would like to find the Pause Button from time to time. There's more to my life than hunting, fishing and frankly - I find myself enjoying these things more and more.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I would without question fast forward this summer. I have been in absolute agony for over two and a half months now from a series of surgeries and complications. It's literally all I can do to get on here and concentrate enough to read and type a little.
I can't play with my son or get out and do anything so I may as well fast forward past this period in life.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love to deer hunt but I can't say I would fast forward summer. I like to hunt snakes and do some fishing too not to mention the sports activities with my kids. Anticipation of fall hunting season is part of the fun.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I like the hot weather of summer. It's when I kayak, bike, and just enjoy the outdoors. I usually run three days a week and I feel better running in the summer. Having said that I always look forward to being in a tree this fall. A person only has so many summers in their life and I don't want to fast forward through any of them.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right now we're in the doldrums. Baseball and summer basketball are over, football didn't start yet (kids sports). Fishing has dropped off. Hot and humid. So, August is not my favorite month. Although it's nice to hang out up at the cabin where it's cooler. And the lake is warm enough to swim in.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You ever have a vacation planned and say to yourself, "man, I wish it would just hurry up and get here"? I think that's more of what I mean. I don't mean that anyone should give up 30 days of their life here on earth.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Nah, not me. Every single moment is precious. Doesn't matter whether I'm helping the grandson catch bluegills or waiting to fill a deer tag. I take each as it comes, and enjoy it all.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Fall or Autumn is definitely my favorite time of the year but there is no way I would fast forward. Life is way too short and the older you get the faster time goes. If you ask me, I think we are in fast forward mode already!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts