The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
14,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thats into knives other then just as a tool,, knows Randall knives are the ultimate knife to have in your collection. Buying a Randall knife consists of putting 50 bucks down and getting on a 5 year waiting list. If after 5 years you changed your mind your could sell it for an easy 100 profit. Chances are the knife you would want would range between 350 and 450 dollars. Basically its a nice knife to have and pass down to the next generation.
Having said all that could you ever see yourself in your lifetime buying a Randall?.
thanks atr

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was given one. I could see myself buying one for my son. I am very careful with it though, much more so than other knives.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Knives are tools. And the profit statement is only if ya can find a buyer.

Don't get me wrong, nice knives but there is a whole nother crop of makers out there offering fine steel for use and heirloom quality.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Have one that my Dad bought when he was in the Air Force in 1960. He walked in and ordered what he wanted. Picked it up a couple months earlier. It is an amazing knife, but I doubt I'd pay that kind of money for one today. Hate to think what it's worth/ I have 2 different Knives of Alaska knives I use on my hunting trips.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I would love to own one but if I did I'd likely never use it. Just to nice. To me knives are tools of the trade and I use the more mundane makes for my everyday knife chores. I have about a half dozen "working" knives and right now I'm sitting on an old Blackjack Effingham Trail Guide with stag handle...never been out of the gun case. Don't know why I bought it except for the fact that it is a work of art... the Randalls are even more so.

Muab Dib

1 - 8 of 8 Posts