The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where MLB gets them but they keep popping up. Last night's Yanks game typified poor calls. A rookie umpire tossing a player without even looking to see who complained, picking one he "thought" was the culprit? Another bad ruling on a legit infield hit? I really believe they should institute computer balls and strikes, and put umpires like Angel Hernandez and Joe West out of business. I've seen too many calls where they think Aaron Judge and Jose Altuve have the same strike zone.

·
Registered
40,134 Posts
C.B. Bucknor. The CB stands for “Calls Bad”

·
Registered
910 Posts
Lets put a guy behind the catcher to call strikes and balls. Sometimes he does it good sometimes bad. But never anywhere near perfect. It's always been a problem. How do you make the calls accurate and fair? Now we have the technology. Let's use it. Especially the ball and strike box!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Lets put a guy behind the catcher to call strikes and balls. Sometimes he does it good sometimes bad. But never anywhere near perfect. It's always been a problem. How do you make the calls accurate and fair? Now we have the technology. Let's use it. Especially the ball and strike box!
It’s happening now in the Atlantic League. Robot Umpires. MLB will likely follow suit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts