The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
That's pretty bad!

I had the opportunity to shoot two rounds out of a 50 AE this past weekend. First handgun that ever hurt my wrist. Didn't bother the web of my hand at all. Just a pinch of pain in my right wrist.

The fellow said, "I got a couple more rounds, if you want." I was like...............Thanks, but NO!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have shot a lot of belted magnums, but for me, the most painful gun I ever shot was a single barreled NEF 12 gauge with 3 “ shells. I bought it for my son, got rid of it quick.
Just in case you ever regret getting rid of it, I have a 12 Ga full rifled Pardner 2 that will bloody your nose if you aren't careful! I scoped it once, and recieved "magnum eyebrow" for my efforts.

On the lighter side, if you leave the 3" Rem Copper Solids in the box, and use either Lightfield Hybreds, or my Lyman 525Gr handloaded slugs, it balentines the rounds at 50 yds. Killed one deer with it and wondered who got the worst of it.:surprise2:

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
I have shot everything. Well just about. and for me the worst I have shot was a 30-378 weatherby without a brake. It's not always the "big bore" but the combo of over bore and powder amount that make some guns HORRIBLE to shoot.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
A 4 bore is a 1/4 pound lead ball, if they loaded it with shot who knows how much they shoved down there.
And I thought my great granddad's Rem rolling block 20ga was bad with a straight stock and steel butt plate. But I was only 12 at the time.
My 35 Whelen was quite unbearable until I put a Limbsaver pad on it. Only gun that's made me bleed, even counting scope kisses. 6 rounds was all I could handle before my shoulder started bleeding.
Ironically, people think I'm nuts when I say my SxS 10ga is a puppy dog. Well, to me. For game it give a new meaning to "reach out and touch someone". Of course, when the gun weighs 13lbs, has a 3/4" red rubber recoil pad and 32" barrels Issac Newton is my friend.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have shot a lot of belted magnums, but for me, the most painful gun I ever shot was a single barreled NEF 12 gauge with 3 “ shells. I bought it for my son, got rid of it quick.
Yeah, that brought back a memory. Probably 20 years ago I was at a range outside of Chattanooga TN. Some fellow was having issues sighting in his new "Turkey" gun. Turned out is was one of those NEF 12 GA 3 inch single shots. I said, let me try.......After that I found he had loose mounts on his turkey scope. After lending him my tools to tighten everything up, he asked if I wanted to shoot it again and I was like..................sorry, gotta run, good luck!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I have a Browning Citori upland special 12 gauge with a 26 inch barrel that kicks your butt. My friends don’t even want to shoot it.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Me don't like any 3 1/2" 12 gauge. I pull the trigger on a S&W 500 bear survival handgun with a 2 3/4" barrel. Was I ever surprise on the recoil.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I second the .500 S&W. I was semi stunned and lucky to hold on the first time I fired one. I had fired plenty of .44 mag rounds and quite a few .454 rounds, still unprepared for that kick.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Same with the 835!! lol
A co-worker bought one of the first 835s when they first came out and he was excited. First day he called a bird in and when he pulled the trigger it didn't take him long to figure out his shoulder was tight to the tree he was sitting against. Thought he broke his shoulder and got rid of it that day.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts