The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we bought this camp in 2015, the basement has a varying degree of moisture. I added gutters in 2016, that helped a little, but still in the spring and summer up till about mid July, the basement is damp and the blocks are visibly wet on the east wall from ground moisture. When we added the bilco door, we fixed the drainage on that section of the north wall, but the east wall was still pretty wet. This year we decided to just do it right-- commonly called "cry once" solution. Dug out the foundation along the whole east wall and tied it into what we fixed last year. So far, it's working, but the real test will be next spring. When we dug up the footer drain, we found that when the electric was run to the cabin underground, they backfilled with dirt, not gravel, and the footer drain was totally clogged. So, new footer drain, new parching, new tar, new gravel with a membrane separating the gravel from the dirt. We shall see.

My apologies for the pics being rotated, but that is the result of dragging and dropping using the current HPA program.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,364 Posts
Looks good to me. I agree with you on the cry once solution. It does hurt though when you do it. The last couple of years have been extremely wet, so if you don't have any issues for a while I think you should be good.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top