The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested Woolrich is having a pretty good sale on some of their stuff. Just bought a $89 sweater for $56 shipped. Excellent layering piece, this will be my third one. Can never have enough sweaters. Also used a promo with their sale. Woolrich Sweater Promo Code

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Well, let us know what you think. I don't like the fact that they are only 70% wool. I have two of their old 100% wool sweaters that I wear the carp out of. Anything that isn't 100% wool makes me leery.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have several of their sweaters in that wool/nylon blend and have been very happy with them. Wash, hang dry and good to go. I use them as a layering piece, with a merino wool base first, sweater, then a wool outer. I have several wool coats in different weights. I've had the other 2 sweaters for several years and they have held up very well.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Bought two wool sweaters from Scotland over thirty years ago.
It was evident right away that they were great in frigid weather under parkas.
What I learned later they were excellent reasons for keeping the weight off and continue wearing them.
Ha, thirty years later I still fit into the sweaters. Still excellent for a frigid walk or hike.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I ended up ordering one, don't know why.

Man are they thin. They might be great for wearing around the house, but they are at least half the thickness of my old Woolrich sweaters. I'd need two at least to get the job done.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
TRAPJAW said:
I ended up ordering one, don't know why.

Man are they thin. They might be great for wearing around the house, but they are at least half the thickness of my old Woolrich sweaters. I'd need two at least to get the job done.
It's sad but that seems to be the way things are going these days make it thinner, cheaper put fewer in the package etc.. Actually it's been that way for quite a while now.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will admit it was a little thinner than sweaters I've purchased in the past. I've used mine several times as it's intended use, a piece in a layering system, and it's worked well despite it's lack of bulk. It is not a stand alone piece for sure. I'd rather wear several thinner garments than one bulkier piece, learned that from cold weather ops and training in Minnesota, Norway, and Northern California.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts