The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my buddy and I are taking his two sons and my son and daughter on their first woods walk! They will get to shoot a 22 cal Cricket to get them aclimated to guns and hunting. We will take our flintlocks. Saftey glasses---check----hearing protection---check---?????missing anything???

·
Premium Member
24,021 Posts
weather in my area: Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 48. West wind between 3 and 10 mph

Cked counties around me(York)..same thing. You should be good to go bunky down in ur neck of the woods...have fun!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Loggy we will be going out around 11 AM. I have a frying pan, bowling pin, and a few other object for the kids to shooy at as well as some paper targets.

·
Premium Member
24,021 Posts
I will be moving my chef daughter to a new apt today. Pickin up UHaul around 10 am. Oh my aching back!!

Sounds like you will be havin more fun Bunky!! Enjoy em while there young!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Was'nt paying attention to when your post was made Bunky. I see now you are shooting saturday should be good weather. We are shootin Sunday looks a whole lot wetter for us.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PRICELESS day with my kids in the woods sharing nature! My 5 year old daughter got to shoot a 22 and loved it. Missed the frying pan at 50 yards but who cares. We came along 2 deer---1 buck and 1 doe dumped 50 yards off my hunting stand...antlers cut off the buck....my kids got a cold reality check today seeing that----sad thing is the deer was tagged????? I have the tag and not sure if I want to push the issue with the person, call the PGC, or the landowner first....ticks me off that may kids had to see that.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First I appologize for the stupidity on my part on the post just prior to this. I actually can read all the info on the tag. Turns out to be a person I KNOW! I really dont know how to approach this one. The mentality that because its farm land and not houses its ok to dump things on "No Mans Land" is the statement that came from this individuals mouth. Im sorry it really makes me mad that people are so ignorant as to not care about someone elses property. What he doesnt understand is that bones form a deer can become not so nice to farm equipment. Again my appologies for venting 'and not censoring'.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The farm land I take care of and hunt...yes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
first bunk no need to apologize for anything. you may be in decision mode but thats a tough call. Someone in my area put a deer head and carcas in a tree, rite next to a rural road for all to see. also it seems that the proper place for these outlaws to throw their carcases are the game lands. why?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its stuff like this that gives huters a bad name.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts