The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a nice woodchuck mount to share? I got a unique looking chuck the other day with my bow and thought about getting him mounted.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
That is a unique and very good looking chuck. Just out of curiosity, I would be interested in your effort to have it mounted; in part because about 6 / 7 years ago I asked a local taxidermist if he would mount one for me and he said "Yes" - but the cost would be $425. That's what he said $425, and I laughed out loud because I thought he was kidding. He wasn't.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
We had one done a few years back by Randy Kuntz, cost half of what was quoted above. Sorry for the terrible lighting, we are under construction in the man cave

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been in contact with a local taxidermist and I will report back on what he needs to have it done. I agree 425 seems high for a woodchuck. I'm thinking it will be in the 300$ range but we will see!

·
Registered
284 Posts
my last years coon i trapped, cost me 475 for a laying mount, and i even included the mantle log i wanted him on. the taxi is one of the guys that comes into my work. 475 is high for coon, cheapest ive seen is 375,

i always had a wanting to learn taxidermy. and when he told me 475 as my mouth hit the floor, then that learning grew!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts